President, Baidu Inc
• World leading scientist in communication
and software technology; he is also the youngest fellow of the Institute
of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) of US.
• Join Microsoft in 1999 as Chief Scientist; became senior VP in 2004,
responsible for Microsoft Mobile business and embedded products.
• Founded Microsoft Venture Accelerator, about 100 successful startups
• Dr. Zhang is on the advisor board of more than 20 universities worldwide;
on the executive board of multiple technology companies; international
economics and technology advisor of Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Hainan,
Malaysia, and Australia.
• Dr. Zhang received his B.S. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from
the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1983 and 1985.
He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from George Washington University
in 1989 and has executive business development training from Harvard University